Friday, June 27, 2008

smithers, why is that man in pink?

For once a completely ridiculous and worthless item didn't sell for way too much money on eBay. It sold for way too much money the old-fashioned way, on the radio! The dress shirt worn by Doc Rivers when Paul Pierce gave him the historic Gatorade bath was auctioned off this past week for charity. Bidders called into the Dennis and Callahan show to try and win the pink-stained shirt. The winner paid $35,000 for the shirt (autographed by Rivers and Pierce) and the actual Gatorade bucket. The winning bid beat out many other people including...Bill Parcells? According to the WEEI producer's blog, the Tuna called in with a bid of $20,000. Was he just joking around or did he seriously want the shirt?
"Well another crazy day at the Dennis and Callahan Show. When Bill Parcells called in at 8:15a to bid 20 grand on the Doc Rivers Gatorade shirt the bidding really took off. One funny note, when I answered the hotline and it was Bill Parcells, I was so excited to hear from him I said, “Hey coach.“ His answer was great -- “That coach title is obsolete.“ So I said, “Well then good morning Mr. Vice President of Football Operations.“ He laughed and I was beeming. Call me a loser but making The Big Tuna laugh is pretty cool in my book."-Iggy/WEEI.com


No comments: